The Week of April 26
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2012
Updated: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 19:04
Thursday, April 20
Officers and NFD were dispatched for fire alarm activation in the kitchenette in Emerson House. The cause was from cooking smoke. The alarm system was reset.
An officer and NFD were dispatched for an alarm sounding in Neilson Library. A college electrician was called in to check the system.
An officer and NFD were dispatched for a report of a bush on fire at Tyler Annex. Prior to their arrival, a person had used a fire extinguisher and a bucket of water to put out the fire. There was no visible damage to the building. The cause may have been from a cigarette that was not properly disposed of.
An officer was approached by a person who reported that a student had a hookah in Morrow House. The owner of the hookah stated that it was only used to smoke tobacco outside of the building. The hookah was confiscated but shortly returned, as there is no policy indicating that a student cannot have one in the building.
Sunday, April 23
Officers and NFD were dispatched for an alarm which indicated water flow from the sprinkler system on Level B in Neilson. The area was checked and there was no sign of a sprinkler, smoke or fire. The cause of the alarm was from a surge in water pressure in the sprinkler system. A plumber was contacted to fix the problem.